- Created: Wednesday, 16 November 2011 17:49
- Written by Elizabeth Danziger * WorkTalk Communications Consulting
“Act in haste; repent at leisure” is the operative proverb for email today. How often have you sent an email flying off into cyberspace, only to realize too late that it:
- Was going to the wrong person
- Conveyed a negative or angry tone that would damage your relationship with the reader
- Contained spelling or punctuation errors that would make you look ignorant and unprofessional
The more time I spend training people in how to use email effectively, the more horror stories I hear and the more likely I am to pick up the phone instead of sending an email.